Retro Slime Company (RSC) provides this privacy statement to describe how we may collect, use, share and otherwise process your personal information via our website, mobile applications, communications channels or other online and offline means.
Retro Slime Company, LLC
Dawsonville, GA 30534
HOW WE PROTECT AND STORE YOUR INFORMATION
We maintain reasonable administrative, technical, and physical security measures to protect your information from unauthorized access and use. We retain your information only as long as needed to provide our services and for legitimate business purposes unless we are required by law or regulation or for litigation and regulatory investigations to keep it for longer periods of time.
If you have created an online account with us and would like to update the information you have provided to us, you can access your account to view and make changes or corrections to your information. You may also have the right to be informed of whether we are processing your information and to access, transfer, correct, delete or object, upon request and free of charge, to our use of your information. Please note that we may need to retain certain information for recordkeeping, to complete any transactions you began before your request, or for other purposes as permitted by law.
RSC uses Stripe and PayPal as our payment gateways. It is encrypted through the Payment Card Industry Data Security Standard (PCI-DSS). Your purchase transaction data is stored only as long as is necessary to complete your purchase transaction. After that is complete, your purchase transaction information is deleted.
All direct payment gateways adhere to the standards set by PCI-DSS as managed by the PCI Security Standards Council, which is a joint effort of brands like Visa, MasterCard, American Express and Discover.
You can get additional information at https://stripe.com/privacy
We may change this privacy statement from time to time as our business changes or legal requirements change. If we make material changes to this privacy statement, we will post a notice on our website before the changes go into effect, and where appropriate, send direct communication to you about the change.
EUROPEAN LAW AND YOUR PRIVACY
YOUR RIGHTS UNDER EUROPEAN LAW
- You can request access to, or the deletion or correction of your information.
- You can object to the processing of your personal information and in certain circumstances restrict the processing.
- Where you have granted consent for us to process your personal information and this is our only legal justification for the processing, you can withdraw that consent at any time for future processing.
- Under certain circumstances, you may be able to transfer the personal information you submitted to us to another company.
- You can lodge a complaint with a data protection authority.
UNDER WHAT LEGAL JUSTIFICATIONS DO WE PROCESS PERSONAL INFORMATION?
When we process personal information about you, we do so as necessary to provide the products you and your employer or travel sponsor use, to operate our business, to meet our contractual and legal obligations, to protect the security of our services, systems and customers, or to fulfill other legitimate interests as described in this statement.
HOW LONG DO WE KEEP PERSONAL INFORMATION?
RSC keeps personal information for as long as necessary to provide our products and services, fulfill the transactions you have requested, or for other essential purposes such as complying with our legal obligations, resolving disputes and enforcing our agreements. Because these needs can vary for different data types in the context of different products, actual retention periods will vary greatly. The criteria we use to determine retention periods include:
- How long is the personal information needed to provide the products and operate our business? This includes maintaining and improving the performance of those products, keeping our systems secure and keeping business and financial records. This is the general rule that establishes the baseline for most data retention periods.
- Are we subject to a legal, contractual or similar obligation to retain the data? For example, tax and financial laws in some jurisdictions require us to keep invoices for a certain amount of time, or we may be subject to an order to preserve data relevant to an investigation or litigation.
WHAT ARE COOKIES?
Some of the functions that cookies perform can also be achieved with other technologies (like web beacons, pixels, gifs, and tags). We use the term ‘cookies’ to mean cookies and all similar mechanisms.
WHAT COOKIES DOES RSC USE?
2. Required Cookies
These cookies are vital to the basic performance of our websites; they enable critical authentication and validation, session management and fraud prevention. Examples are cookies that:
- allow us to confirm that you have successfully logged in
- allow you to navigate efficiently between pages
2. Functional Cookies
These cookies provide you with additional functionality and enable us to remember the settings that you may have previously applied. Examples are cookies that:
- allow us to remember what preferences, like language and font size, you have set
- allow us to remember your login details, like your user ID
Additionally, these cookies log how you use our online services. They allow us to measure and improve functionality and promptly identify and fix any issues that might impact how our online services work for you. The information that these cookies collect is aggregated before being used to allow us to make improvements to your browsing experience. Examples are cookies that:
- allow us to understand which browser most visitors use
- allow us to test different versions of the same page, so we can assess which page layout provides the best customer experience
We use the services of Google Analytics and others to place these cookies.
3. MailChimp Cookies
Please read MailChimp’s additional terms: